Nigeria: Condemnation of Sharia punishments
The federal government of Nigeria has declared that the strict implementation of Sharia law is illegal under the country's constitution.
The BBC reports that Justice Minister Godwin Agabi has written in a letter to northern states "A Muslim should not be subjected to a punishment more severe than would be imposed on other Nigerians for the same offence."
Submitted on Thu, 03/21/2002 - 01:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting