UK/Turkey: Roj Women lobbying on behalf of Kurdish women living in Turkey
Roj Women’s Association has just published its last Annual Activities Report that maps out the organization’s campaigning and community work from April 2010 until March 2011. Field research in Kurdish regions of the world, community research among the Kurdish Diaspora, lobbying meetings at British, European and United Nations forums, grassroots groups capacity-building, seminars for university students and communities, to mention a few, are the activities that materialize a wider strategy that seeks to improve the lives of women in Kurdish regions and communities of the world.
These are some of the outputs and achievements:
Roj Women’s Association strives to further the rights and to expand the opportunities available to Kurdish women by means of drawing attention to the factors that shape their struggle and of advocating for the necessary changes to overcome them.
- Kurdish groups in UK protest 'terrorism' charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Women up in Arms: Zapatistas and Rojava Kurds Embrace a New Gender Politics
- WLUML Networker Kholoud El-Sayed to Speak at TEDxSuezCanalUniversity
- Meet Estayqazat, Syria’s online feminist movement
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UPDATE: Iran: Mohammad Mostafaie, Lawyer of Sakineh Ashtiani, arrested in Turkey
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!