France: Attacks on Jewish sites
Over the weekend, the doors of a synagogue in Strasbourg were destroyed in a fire, a synagogue in Marseille was burnt to the ground and in Lyon another was rammed by two cars and subsequently set alight.
The BBC reports that French officials believe that the escalating conflict in the Middle East has stirred hostility towards the country's 700,000-strong Jewish community, which has demanded that the authorities start providing better protection for themselves and their property.
Submitted on Mon, 04/01/2002 - 23:00
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- Nigeria: Victims of Abductions Tell Their Stories
- 'Shariafication by stealth' in the UK
- Kurdish Women Turning Kobani into a Living 'Hell' for Islamic State
- WLUML Board Member Karima Bennoune Wins Dayton Literature Peace Prize
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting