France: Attacks on Jewish sites
Over the weekend, the doors of a synagogue in Strasbourg were destroyed in a fire, a synagogue in Marseille was burnt to the ground and in Lyon another was rammed by two cars and subsequently set alight.
The BBC reports that French officials believe that the escalating conflict in the Middle East has stirred hostility towards the country's 700,000-strong Jewish community, which has demanded that the authorities start providing better protection for themselves and their property.
Submitted on Tue, 04/02/2002 - 00:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues