India: Gujarat riot kills six
Fresh religious violence between Hindus and Muslims has claimed six more lives in the western Indian state of Gujarat.
The BBC reports that there is concern that the trouble in Gujarat is spreading. In the past two days, disturbances have spread to the Kutch district in north west Gujarat, which had been unaffected until now. Violence has also broken out in the neighbouring state of Maharashtra.
Submitted on Tue, 04/02/2002 - 23:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms
- FES publication on Religious Fundamentalisms in Asia