India: Gujarat riot kills six
Fresh religious violence between Hindus and Muslims has claimed six more lives in the western Indian state of Gujarat.
The BBC reports that there is concern that the trouble in Gujarat is spreading. In the past two days, disturbances have spread to the Kutch district in north west Gujarat, which had been unaffected until now. Violence has also broken out in the neighbouring state of Maharashtra.
Submitted on Wed, 04/03/2002 - 00:00
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws