UN: Reports from the 58th session of the Commission on Human Rights
Source:The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Reports of Radhika Coomaraswamy, Special Rappporteur on violence against women.
The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) services and provides support to the mandate of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences. The Special Rapporteur, Ms. Radhika Coomaraswamy (Sri Lanka), was appointed in 1994 to collect and analyse comprehensive data and to recommend measures aimed at eliminating violence at the international, national and regional levels.
Submitted on Tue, 04/09/2002 - 00:00
- Syrian conflict: Untold misery of child brides
- Cameroon - Speaking Up Against Rape Is Just One Part of the Solution
- Turkey struggles with femicide as domestic violence mounts
- New President, Old Pattern of Sexual Violence in Egypt
- A plea to the new High Commissioner for Human Rights: defend women's rights
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?