India: Gujarat - a report to the nation
Source:South Asia Citizen's Web
An Independent Fact Finding Mission.
An independent fact finding mission was set up to investigate the Gujarat carnage of February-March 2002. The terms of reference of the fact finding mission were to find out the truth of the Godhra incident in which a bogie of the Sabarmati Express was burnt and 58 people were killed, the possible use of this tragic incident in regard to the communal conflagration that followed, and to ascertain whether there was any official complicity in that conflagration, and if so, to what extent. The findings of this mission will be presented to the Concerned Citizens’ Tribunal set up in Gujarat.
Submitted on Thu, 04/11/2002 - 23:00
- We Strongly Condemn the Terrorist Attacks Taking Place in the Name of “Islam”
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Position Statement on Apostasy and Blasphemy
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms