India: Gujarat - a report to the nation
Source:South Asia Citizen's Web
An Independent Fact Finding Mission.
An independent fact finding mission was set up to investigate the Gujarat carnage of February-March 2002. The terms of reference of the fact finding mission were to find out the truth of the Godhra incident in which a bogie of the Sabarmati Express was burnt and 58 people were killed, the possible use of this tragic incident in regard to the communal conflagration that followed, and to ascertain whether there was any official complicity in that conflagration, and if so, to what extent. The findings of this mission will be presented to the Concerned Citizens’ Tribunal set up in Gujarat.
Submitted on Fri, 04/12/2002 - 00:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms
- FES publication on Religious Fundamentalisms in Asia