Worldwide: International Criminal Court
Source:Women's Caucus for Gender Justice
Nomination and Election of Judges - the Ninth Session of the Preparatory Commission of the International Criminal Court is under way until 19 April 2002.
A critical component of the gender mainstreaming begun in the Rome Statute is at stake in these negotiations. The ICC is the first international institution of the 21st century and we must ensure that women are finally represented on an equal footing.
Submitted on Thu, 04/18/2002 - 00:00
- Pakistan: Far from home but closer to school
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- UN: International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
- Mali: The Taliban of Timbuktu
- International: Special Rapporteur on Contemporary Forms of Slavery Marks International Day for Abolition of Slavery.
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW
- First Annual Report of the Independent Expert in the field of Cultural Rights
- CEDAW - General recommendations