India: Gujarat violence 'a genocide' says women's panel
Source:Times of India
A women's fact-finding panel that toured Ahmedabad and six riot-ravaged Gujarat districts said that the pattern of violence against Muslims there ''clearly indicates genocide''.
The panel found that Muslim women were especially targeted by the Sangh Parivar-led mobs and have documented numerous instances of mass rape, sexual abuse, torture and humiliation.
Submitted on Thu, 04/18/2002 - 00:00
- Female Lawmaker Assassinated in Libya
- Malala meets Nigeria's leader Goodluck Jonathan over abducted girls
- Nigerian women and girls 'escape from Boko Haram'
- Quick Thoughts: Zainab Saleh on Iraq
- JOGINI/DEVADASI TEMPLE "SLAVE" GIRLS & WOMEN - LOWER CASTE - SEXUAL EXPLOITATION - ILLEGAL BUT NOT ENFORCED
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms
- FES publication on Religious Fundamentalisms in Asia