India: Gujarat violence 'a genocide' says women's panel
Source:Times of India
A women's fact-finding panel that toured Ahmedabad and six riot-ravaged Gujarat districts said that the pattern of violence against Muslims there ''clearly indicates genocide''.
The panel found that Muslim women were especially targeted by the Sangh Parivar-led mobs and have documented numerous instances of mass rape, sexual abuse, torture and humiliation.
Submitted on Wed, 04/17/2002 - 23:00
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- Nigeria: Victims of Abductions Tell Their Stories
- 'Shariafication by stealth' in the UK
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms
- FES publication on Religious Fundamentalisms in Asia