India: Gujarat violence 'a genocide' says women's panel
Source:Times of India
A women's fact-finding panel that toured Ahmedabad and six riot-ravaged Gujarat districts said that the pattern of violence against Muslims there ''clearly indicates genocide''.
The panel found that Muslim women were especially targeted by the Sangh Parivar-led mobs and have documented numerous instances of mass rape, sexual abuse, torture and humiliation.
Submitted on Thu, 04/18/2002 - 00:00
- 'There's no life without music': the Malian musicians fighting Islamists with songs – video
- Interview: These Yezidi Girls Escaped ISIS. Now what?
- Event: Religious Fundamentalisms Impact on Women’s Rights in Africa
- Blogger Oyasiqur hacked to death
- 147 dead, Islamist gunmen killed after attack at Kenya college
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms