Palestine/Israel: Jenin camp 'horrific beyond belief'
A UN envoy has said that the devastation left by Israeli forces in the Jenin refugee camp is "horrific beyond belief".
The BBC reports that Terje Roed-Larsen, who toured the West Bank refugee camp on Thursday, said it was "morally repugnant" that Israel had not allowed rescue teams in after the fighting. Palestinian claims of an Israeli massacre in the camp have been denied, although British forensic expert Prof Derrick Pounder has said that the evidence points to large numbers of civilian dead.
Submitted on Thu, 04/18/2002 - 23:00
- Indonesia: The Other Face of the Helsinki Peace Process, Aceh 10 Years Later
- A Bad Year for Yara Sallam in Egypt's Republic of Fear
- Surge in sexual abuse by Egypt authorities, report says
- Libya: Civil rights activist murdered in Tripoli
- Saudi Arabia: ‘Dear King Salman, why I’m terrified about our Saudi future,’ by a loyal subject
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- UPDATE: Afghanistan: Don’t allow warlords to silence Malalai Joya
- UPDATE: Turkey: Muyeser Gunes and members of Mothers for Peace are free
- Leaflet: Women In Black Denounce UK Complicity in Atrocities in Sudan
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Women Building Peace
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Dossier 25: The Role of the International Community in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict