Afghanistan: Attack on Afghan woman teacher
Source:Human Rights Watch
An Afghan woman teacher in Kandahar has been targeted in an acid-attack following a leaflet campaign in the former Taliban stronghold, according to a city official.
The hand-written pamphlets in Kandahar, the southern Afghan city from which Taliban chief Mullah Mohammad Omar ran the ultra-Islamic movement, warned men not to send their daughters to schools or their women to work.
Submitted on Fri, 04/19/2002 - 00:00
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- To the British Government: Work with Dubai's government to free Afsana!
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- RIWPS Annual Brochure 2013