UK: Forced marriage annulled
A young woman has won a court battle to have her forced marriage annulled.
The judge said Aneeka Sohrab had been "deceived and then frightened into a marriage", at the age of 16.
Submitted on Wed, 04/24/2002 - 00:00
- Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation: African Powerhouse Sends ‘Powerful Signal’ About FGM With New Bill
- 'I just want to go to school': how Afghan law continues to fail child brides
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan judge sentences four to death over mob killing
- 293 Women and Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Terrorist Group in Nigeria
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*