UK: Forced marriage annulled
A young woman has won a court battle to have her forced marriage annulled.
The judge said Aneeka Sohrab had been "deceived and then frightened into a marriage", at the age of 16.
Submitted on Wed, 04/24/2002 - 00:00
- EVENT: International Conference: Religious-Right, Secularism and Civil Rights
- Syrian conflict: Untold misery of child brides
- Cameroon - Speaking Up Against Rape Is Just One Part of the Solution
- Turkey struggles with femicide as domestic violence mounts
- New President, Old Pattern of Sexual Violence in Egypt
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating