UK: Forced marriage annulled
A young woman has won a court battle to have her forced marriage annulled.
The judge said Aneeka Sohrab had been "deceived and then frightened into a marriage", at the age of 16.
Submitted on Wed, 04/24/2002 - 00:00
- Karima Bennoune Featured in TEDxExeter 2015 – Taking the Long View
- Kurdish groups in UK protest 'terrorism' charges against Silan Ozcelik
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Child brides take Zimbabwe govt to court over marriage laws
- Tahira Sami Khoso , Looking for Justice
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*