UK: Forced marriage annulled
A young woman has won a court battle to have her forced marriage annulled.
The judge said Aneeka Sohrab had been "deceived and then frightened into a marriage", at the age of 16.
Submitted on Wed, 04/24/2002 - 00:00
- Underage Girls Are Egypt’s Summer Rentals
- My wife was murdered by a 'monster' – but most perpetrators of violence are normal men
- UN Special Rapporteur Rashida Manjoo says UK has 'sexist culture'
- UK DOCTOR IS FIRST PERSON IN BRITAIN CHARGED WITH PERFORMING FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION
- MEET A DEFENDER: DR ISATOU TOURAY
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women