Worldwide: New world court to judge gender-based war crimes
Women's E News reports that the new International Criminal Court will give women a place to seek justice for gender-related crimes committed against them in armed conflicts and as part of systematic violence or persecution.
Women across the globe facing similar violent offenses in the future will have a place to seek justice: the International Criminal Court. At a United Nations ceremony on April 11, the court became a certainty. It will be the first fixed international institution for securing justice on genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity, including sexual and gender-based violence.
Submitted on Wed, 04/24/2002 - 00:00
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- THE DUE DILIGENCE PRINCIPLE AND THE ROLE OF THE STATE: DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN IN FAMILY AND CULTURAL LIFE
- Compilation Of Inputs From Women’s Rights Advocates On The Occasion Of The 59th Commission On The Status Of Women
- WLUML Gazette, 15th Edition - January 2015
- WLUML Gazette, 14th Edition at the end of 2014