Palestine/Israel: Adalah - the Legal Centre for Arab Minority Rights in Israel
Established in November 1996, Adalah (Justice in Arabic) is the first non-profit, non-sectarian Palestinian-run legal center in Israel.
Adalah's legal work draws on Israeli law, comparative constitutional law, and international human rights standards. The main goal of Adalah's work is to achieve equal rights and minority rights protections for Palestinian citizens of Israel.
Submitted on Fri, 04/26/2002 - 00:00
- Protesters demand male brothels for women in Turkey
- Death of renowned Islamic scholar, Asghar Ali Engineer.
- Pakistan's once-ridiculed transgender community fight elections for first time
- Senegal: WELDD West Africa Feminist Leadership Workshop
- Kuwait: Female Arab scientists urge defence of women's rights
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content
- Across the World: A Girl’s Right to Learn Without Fear
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond
- Great Ancestors: Women Claiming Rights in Muslim Contexts
- Mapping of resources for women human rights defenders