Palestine/Israel: Adalah - the Legal Centre for Arab Minority Rights in Israel
Established in November 1996, Adalah (Justice in Arabic) is the first non-profit, non-sectarian Palestinian-run legal center in Israel.
Adalah's legal work draws on Israeli law, comparative constitutional law, and international human rights standards. The main goal of Adalah's work is to achieve equal rights and minority rights protections for Palestinian citizens of Israel.
Submitted on Thu, 04/25/2002 - 23:00
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles