Pakistan: Labour Party Pakistan (LPP) members released
Source:Labour Party Pakistan
The arrests were made on 26th April whilst protesting against the proposed referendum.
General Pervaiz Musharraf, the Army chief currently ruling Pakistan, has called for a referendum to be held later this year which could make him President of Pakistan. The move is being challenged as unconstitutional. It is also reminiscent of the 1984 Referendum used by previous martial law ruler General Ziaul Haq to legitimize his assumption of the title of President of Pakistan. A local court in Lahore accepted the bail application and ordered the immediate release of all 15 members.
Submitted on Tue, 04/30/2002 - 00:00
- URGENT NEWS: SEND YOUR SIGNATURES TO PRESIDENT AL-SISI BY WEDNESDAY THE 29TH OF MARCH
- The case of Saba Qaiser and the film-maker determined to put an end to 'honour' killings
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan
- Update: Activists Yara Sallam, Sanaa Seif released from prison
- Keeping Activist Bahareh Hedayat in Prison is Against the Law Says Legal Expert
- URGENT APPEAL ON BEHALF OF EGYPTIAN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt