Palestine: The Palestinian Initiative for the Promotion of Global Dialogue and Democracy
Miftah is a Palestinian, Jerusalem-based, independent institution committed to fostering the principles of democracy and effective dialogue based on the free and candid exchange of information and ideas.
Established in January 1999, Miftah's underlying premise is the integration of several processes: Palestinian nation-building and empowerment on the basis of the principles of democracy, human rights, rule of law, and participatory governance; international reconciliation and cooperation; the gathering and dissemination of information and the active participation in global dialogue as an equal partner.
Submitted on Thu, 05/02/2002 - 00:00
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn
- Forbidden from riding bikes, fearless Afghan girls are skateboarding around Kabul
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up