Palestine: The Palestinian Initiative for the Promotion of Global Dialogue and Democracy
Miftah is a Palestinian, Jerusalem-based, independent institution committed to fostering the principles of democracy and effective dialogue based on the free and candid exchange of information and ideas.
Established in January 1999, Miftah's underlying premise is the integration of several processes: Palestinian nation-building and empowerment on the basis of the principles of democracy, human rights, rule of law, and participatory governance; international reconciliation and cooperation; the gathering and dissemination of information and the active participation in global dialogue as an equal partner.
Submitted on Wed, 05/01/2002 - 23:00
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Laughter and Learning in the Sun: Feminist Leadership Workshops in West Africa
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- WLUML Feminist Leadership Workshop Underway in Banjul
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content