Pakistan: Stoning sentence against Zafran Bibi is suspended
A court in Pakistan has suspended the sentence of stoning to death passed against a woman convicted of adultery.
Human-rights groups had strongly criticised the sentence and demanded the immediate release of the convicted woman, Zafran Bibi. The case will now be heard by the highest court on Islamic issues, the federal Sharia court in Islamabad, although no date has yet been given.
Submitted on Mon, 05/06/2002 - 23:00
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!