Bahrain: Women failed to win a single seat in elections
Women made up 10% of the 300 or so candidates standing in the local polls, but none has been selected by the electorate.
Many of the women were not expecting to win a council seat but said they had stood to set an example and to make it easier for other women in the future.
Submitted on Thu, 05/09/2002 - 00:00
- India: Divorce dictates dire conditions for Muslim women
- Day 5/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: In Honor Of Our Sisters- Bahrain WHRD
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia criticised over text alerts tracking women's movements.
- Iran: Visits Withheld From Female Evin Prisoners.
- Myanmar: Myanmar's Rohingya Crisis.