Bahrain: Women failed to win a single seat in elections
Women made up 10% of the 300 or so candidates standing in the local polls, but none has been selected by the electorate.
Many of the women were not expecting to win a council seat but said they had stood to set an example and to make it easier for other women in the future.
Submitted on Thu, 05/09/2002 - 00:00
- WE MUST PRESSURE IRAN TO RELEASE CANADIAN ACADEMIC HOMA HOODFAR
- Turkish journalist stripped of parental rights over court coverage: lawyer
- URGENT NEWS: SEND YOUR SIGNATURES TO PRESIDENT AL-SISI BY WEDNESDAY THE 29TH OF MARCH
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan
- Update: Activists Yara Sallam, Sanaa Seif released from prison