Bahrain: Women failed to win a single seat in elections
Women made up 10% of the 300 or so candidates standing in the local polls, but none has been selected by the electorate.
Many of the women were not expecting to win a council seat but said they had stood to set an example and to make it easier for other women in the future.
Submitted on Wed, 05/08/2002 - 23:00
- Iran: 'Jila Baniyaghoob | Prisoner Of Conscience In Iran'
- Saudi women flood social media with driving videos, pictures
- Saudi Arabia: Women Activists' Sentences Confirmed
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) Nominates Iranian Women’s Group, the Mothers of Khavaran for the United Nations Human Rights Prize
- Sudanese women: you can beat us but you cannot break us