Palestine/Israel: From Jew to Jew - why we should oppose the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza
Source:A Jewish Voice for Peace
From 'A Jewish Voice for Peace.'
Unfortunately, the ongoing violence in Palestine and Israel has led too many people, on both sides, to adopt blanket stereotypes of one another, turning them into something "less-than-human". This process of dehumanization then allows people to justify the violence committed by their own side, starting the cycle all over again. This is a classic "lose-lose" situation that can continue on forever. Is there a way out of this mess? Yes, we think so, but only if we suspend our understandable reaction of automatically blaming the other side. Only then can we objectively assess the root causes of the conflict and the realistic choices there are for resolving it. So, in the interest of peace, and with an open heart and mind, please consider the following facts.
Submitted on Fri, 05/10/2002 - 00:00
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- UPDATE: Turkey: Muyeser Gunes and members of Mothers for Peace are free
- Turkey: Demand the release of members of the Peace Caravan
- UPDATE - Iraq: Giuliana Sgrena has been released
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Women Building Peace
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Dossier 25: The Role of the International Community in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Occasional Paper 14: Women's Teach-In - Antimilitarism, Fundamentalisms/Secularism and Civil Liberties & Anti-Terrorism Legislation after September 11th 2001