Palestine/Israel: Lies, damned lies and Israeli propaganda
Israel's current war in the Occupied Territories is one of conquest, not defence.
The West Bank and Gaza Strip, along with the eastern, Arab half of Jerusalem, were seized by Israel in the June 1967 war. It considers these lands to be part of "Eretz Israel" (Greater Israel). Since then, Israel has engaged in a policy of colonization, demolishing Palestinian olive groves, homes and towns and setting up strategic Jewish colonies. Israel then justifies its extension of its military control over the region, as well as its seizure of key water sources, as necessary security measures to defend its settlements. As one historian explains, Israel is the region’s most powerful state–not a besieged victim, but a colonial aggressor.
Submitted on Mon, 05/27/2002 - 23:00
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Protest against the state of emergency in Pakistan and brutal attacks on civil society
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- Myanmar: Petitions against the violent crackdown on peaceful protestors in Burma
- Women Building Peace
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Occasional Paper 14: Women's Teach-In - Antimilitarism, Fundamentalisms/Secularism and Civil Liberties & Anti-Terrorism Legislation after September 11th 2001
- Occasional Paper 13: Women's Peacecast V - In Search of Justice, Human Rights and a Just Peace
- Dossier 23-24: Kosovo War, Feminists and Fascism in Serbia