Afghanistan: No amnesty for Afghan warlords over rights abuses
A new human rights commission for Afghanistan will not stint in its pursuit of warlords accused of committing abuses over 23 years of conflict, the deputy chairwoman of the interim government said on Saturday.
Human rights activists, academics and doctors were gathering in the Afghan capital Kabul for an all-day workshop expected to draw up a framework for the commission, which the government must establish under the terms of an agreement reached at the inter-Afghan conference in Bonn in December 2001.
Submitted on Tue, 05/28/2002 - 23:00
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn