Palestine/Israel: The human chain
Source:Israeli-Palestinian Peoples' Peace Campaign (IPPPC)
Israeli-Palestinian Peoples' Peace Campaign (IPPPC) declares that in both peoples there are majorities that believe in the possibility for peace based on ending the occupation, on two states for two peoples and on Jerusalem two capitals for two states.
Despite the extremely difficult situation at the present moment, Israelis and Palestinians are nevertheless ready to hold hands because we believe that we are each others’ allies for peace. It is for this reason that the Peoples’ Peace Campaign is calling upon our two peoples to join together with international supporters on June 28 and 29 in a peaceful protest for the cause of peace. Human chains will be formed in the West Bank, Gaza and Jerusalem symbolizing the linkage between all cities, towns and villages of the occupied territories, protesting the ongoing sieges and blockades, and emphasizing our belief that non-violence paves the way to bring about a new era of peace which would comprise freedom, equality, sovereignty and dignity. For more information visit www.peoples-peace-campaign.org or contact email@example.com
Submitted on Sun, 06/02/2002 - 23:00
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- UPDATE: Turkey: Muyeser Gunes and members of Mothers for Peace are free
- Turkey: Demand the release of members of the Peace Caravan
- UPDATE - Iraq: Giuliana Sgrena has been released
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Women Building Peace
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Dossier 25: The Role of the International Community in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Occasional Paper 14: Women's Teach-In - Antimilitarism, Fundamentalisms/Secularism and Civil Liberties & Anti-Terrorism Legislation after September 11th 2001