Vatican/Africa: Vatican ignoring the sexual abuse of black nuns in Africa
Source:The Sacremento Observer
As U. S. Catholic priests returned from the Vatican in Rome this week to discuss the problem of sexual abuse of children by priests, little attention is being paid to reports of sexual exploitation of nuns in Africa by the church's clergy.
American Catholic activists said they have tried in vain to get the Vatican, the government of the Catholic Church, to deal with the abuse. To address the problems, groups such as the Catholics For A Free Choice "Call To Accountability Campaign" have formed in Africa and elsewhere to research and publicize the problem. Sister-to-sister education is also taking place in various countries through workshops to empower women to say no.
Submitted on Mon, 06/10/2002 - 00:00
- Soudan du Sud : des milliers de femmes réduites en esclavage et violées par des soldats
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Afghan shelter provides security for abused women
- India arrest 16 for beheading woman for 'witchcraft'
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region: