Sehakia: The voice of North African and Arab lesbians
A collective of Arab lesbians or lesbians of Arabic language and culture, living in native lands or lands of exile.
This website as a tool for disseminating intellectual and cultural productions by Arab lesbians and women, and will provide a wide range of information, with an emphasis on practical and legal/juridical dimensions.
Submitted on Tue, 06/11/2002 - 23:00
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- Tunisia: Not Illegal, but Taboo.
- Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Could be Passed Before Christmas.
- Burma: 'Gay people in Burma start to challenge culture of repression'
- USA: 'North Carolina passes Amendment 1 banning same-sex unions'
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Shamial and Shahzina released and together
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Transgender couple released on bail
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Dossier 28: The secular state and citizenship in Muslim countries
- Dossier 27: Muslim Minorities
- Great Ancestors: Women Asserting Rights in Muslim Contexts
- Dossier 27: The Shari’a courts in the Philippines: Women, men and Muslim personal laws