India: Independent report on the violence in Vadodara
Source:The Times of India
The People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) and Vadodara Shanti Abhiyan (VSA) report severely indicts the state government, the city police and local politicians for instigating and committing violence.
The report contains details and modus operandi of violence that started in the city from February 27, the day the Godhra carnage occurred. "The report is based on a compilation and analysis of 1,800 forms filled by riot victims in the city", says VSA member Rohit Prajapati.
Submitted on Fri, 06/28/2002 - 00:00
- Making Law and Justice Work for Women
- It is too simple to reduce religious motives to mere pretexts for violence – New report
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms
- FES publication on Religious Fundamentalisms in Asia