India: Independent report on the violence in Vadodara
Source:The Times of India
The People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) and Vadodara Shanti Abhiyan (VSA) report severely indicts the state government, the city police and local politicians for instigating and committing violence.
The report contains details and modus operandi of violence that started in the city from February 27, the day the Godhra carnage occurred. "The report is based on a compilation and analysis of 1,800 forms filled by riot victims in the city", says VSA member Rohit Prajapati.
Submitted on Fri, 06/28/2002 - 00:00
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws