India: Independent report on the violence in Vadodara
Source:The Times of India
The People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) and Vadodara Shanti Abhiyan (VSA) report severely indicts the state government, the city police and local politicians for instigating and committing violence.
The report contains details and modus operandi of violence that started in the city from February 27, the day the Godhra carnage occurred. "The report is based on a compilation and analysis of 1,800 forms filled by riot victims in the city", says VSA member Rohit Prajapati.
Submitted on Thu, 06/27/2002 - 23:00
- Muslim women in India petition Supreme Court to end 'triple talaq’ instant divorce
- Minor convicted in heinous Delhi gang rape to be freed
- UN Special Rapporteur in Field of Cultural Rights on the Paris Attacks: “Crime against humanity, crime against culture”
- What ISIS has done to the lives of women
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- We Strongly Condemn the Terrorist Attacks Taking Place in the Name of “Islam”
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- Position Statement on Apostasy and Blasphemy
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms