Afghanistan: Taking stock
Afghan women at risk if international community leaves job half done.
Six months after the removal of the Taliban, thousands of women across Afghanistan are still living without the most basic rights. WOMANKIND Worldwide has launched a balance sheet which shows the deficit where international money and political involvement should be. The global women’s rights charity asks whether a repressive regime has been removed, only for the international community to leave the reconstruction work half finished.
Submitted on Fri, 07/12/2002 - 00:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting