Tajikistan: Taking steps against the discrimination of women
Source:Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
Participants in a roundtable on equality between men and women in Tajikistan have stressed the need for accessible and fast mechanisms for enforcing legal provisions.
The roundtable, organized on 5 August by the OSCE Mission to Tajikistan, in co-operation with the UN Office of Peace-Building to Tajikistan (UNTOP), focused on the compliance of Tajik legislation with the UN Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW).
Submitted on Thu, 08/22/2002 - 23:00
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)