Indonesia: Religious violence erupts in Moluccas
Rioting has broken out in Indonesia's Moluccas islands following the reported killing of three women in the religiously-divided region.
Mobs took to the streets in a predominantly-Muslim quarter of the regional capital, Ambon, and torched a van carrying Christians - one person was burnt to death, police said. The rioting was apparently triggered by news that three Muslim women had been shot dead on a beach on the island of Sapura.
Submitted on Mon, 09/09/2002 - 23:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting