USA: Stop Bush from rolling back women's reproductive rights
Source:Women's Global Network for Reproductive Rights
The US has threatened to withdraw from the Cairo Programme of Action of 1994 unless the words reproductive health services and reproductive rights are taken out or changed. This is a shocking development which is a threat to women’s rights and health.
As supporters of women’s rights worldwide, we are deeply disturbed by the stand taken by the US administration at the recent Population and Development Conference in Bangkok held in early November 2002. We demand that the Cairo Program of Action that has been endorsed by 179 nations be upheld. Reproductive health services and reproductive rights are essential human rights.
Submitted on Tue, 11/19/2002 - 00:00
- CHILD BRIDES IN AFGHANISTAN: Overview of Situation, Challenges and Options
- In the Flesh: Female Sex Work & HIV in the Middle East & North Africa
- Sri Lanka: Coercive Population Control in Kilinochchi
- Nigeria's child brides: 'I thought being in labour would never end'
- Indonesia: Female students may be forced to undergo 'virginity tests'
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Update: Kyrgyzstan: Continued access to abortion - safe, for now
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- USA: Polygamy related abuses in Utah
- Reclaiming and Redefining Rights: ICPD+20: Status of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Middle East and North Africa
- Substantive Equality and Reproductive Rights: A Briefing Paper on Aligning Development Goals with Human Rights Obligations
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Legal Empowerment of Unwed Mothers: Experiences of Moroccan NGOs
- WSF: Religious fundamentalisms and repression of reproductive and sexual rights