Netherlands: Imams on Dutch culture course
Imams are learning about Dutch norms.
Muslim clerics in the Netherlands are attending courses on Dutch values which include education about soft drugs, prostitution, gay marriage and euthanasia. The seminars are part of a government programme for new arrivals, which since September has included a tailor-made course for religious leaders.
Submitted on Mon, 12/02/2002 - 01:00
- Algeria: voices for democratic transition cannot be silenced
- Iran says woman sentenced to stoning given "leave" from prison
- Fed up with Iran's draconian dress code, women flout the rules - report
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars