Pakistan: Women Fighting Own War Against Honour Killings
Source:Arab Regional Resource Centre on Violence Against Women
While Pakistan fights global terrorism alongside the United States and its allies, the country’s women are engaged in their own war against the terror of escalating ‘honour’ killings.
Such murders — where a man kills a woman he views as having sullied his ‘honour’ — are on the rise, the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRC) says, ‘with more and more reported from areas where they had once been unknown’.
Submitted on Mon, 12/16/2002 - 01:00
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Afghan shelter provides security for abused women
- India arrest 16 for beheading woman for 'witchcraft'
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- Malaysia: Women’s groups insist that marital rape be made a crime
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Shirkat Gah Newsheet March 2015