Pakistan: Women Fighting Own War Against Honour Killings
Source:Arab Regional Resource Centre on Violence Against Women
While Pakistan fights global terrorism alongside the United States and its allies, the country’s women are engaged in their own war against the terror of escalating ‘honour’ killings.
Such murders — where a man kills a woman he views as having sullied his ‘honour’ — are on the rise, the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRC) says, ‘with more and more reported from areas where they had once been unknown’.
Submitted on Mon, 12/16/2002 - 01:00
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)