Pakistan: Women Fighting Own War Against Honour Killings
Source:Arab Regional Resource Centre on Violence Against Women
While Pakistan fights global terrorism alongside the United States and its allies, the country’s women are engaged in their own war against the terror of escalating ‘honour’ killings.
Such murders — where a man kills a woman he views as having sullied his ‘honour’ — are on the rise, the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRC) says, ‘with more and more reported from areas where they had once been unknown’.
Submitted on Mon, 12/16/2002 - 01:00
- Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation: African Powerhouse Sends ‘Powerful Signal’ About FGM With New Bill
- 'I just want to go to school': how Afghan law continues to fail child brides
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan judge sentences four to death over mob killing
- 293 Women and Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Terrorist Group in Nigeria