India: Militants set deadline for women to quit jobs
Source:The Indian Times
A militant group in Rajouri has asked Muslim women to quit their jobs by January 25 and stay home, or face punishment, including death.
Posters to this effect have appeared overnight on the main walls of a mosque in Shahdara Sharief. Similar posters appeared a few days ago too, asking Muslim families to marry off their daughters by the age of 15. The handwritten posters carry the name of Harkat-ul-Jehadi-Islamia (Huji).
Submitted on Tue, 01/21/2003 - 01:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms
- FES publication on Religious Fundamentalisms in Asia