Worldwide: Combating 'crimes of honour' through data, documentation, networking and development of strategies
Source:Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Laws and The International Centre for the Legal Protection of Human Rights
The ‘Honour Crimes’ Project is jointly co-ordinated by CIMEL (Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Laws) at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London University and INTERIGHTS (International Centre for the Legal Protection of Human Rights).
The project is an action-oriented collaborative research project on Strategies to Address ‘Crimes of Honour’ initiated in 1999. Globally, the Project seeks to facilitate co-operation among activists, lawyers, academics and others and to develop and deepen understanding, explore theoretical frameworks and build upon diverse and multiple strategies, nationally, regionally and internationally, to combat impunity for those responsible for ‘honour’ crimes and to challenge the climate of support for the practice amongst state institutions.
Submitted on Mon, 02/03/2003 - 01:00
- 293 Women and Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Terrorist Group in Nigeria
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Child brides take Zimbabwe govt to court over marriage laws
- Tahira Sami Khoso , Looking for Justice
- Aminata Manneh Gender Activist Went Missing After filming a Police Officer Maltreating a Child
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Compilation Of Inputs From Women’s Rights Advocates On The Occasion Of The 59th Commission On The Status Of Women
- WLUML Gazette, 15th Edition - January 2015
- WLUML Gazette, 14th Edition at the end of 2014
- WLUML Annual Report 2013