Worldwide: Seven women to serve on the International Criminal Court
Source:Women's Caucus for Gender Justice
After 33 rounds of balloting, 18 judges have finally been elected to the International Criminal Court.
The panel of judges includes 7 women, an unprecedented and historic development. Our thanks and congratulations to all those who helped advocate for a fair representation of women in this process and for the election of judges with the highest qualifications and integrity!
Submitted on Mon, 02/10/2003 - 00:00
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity