Oman: Appoints first female minister
The Gulf state of Oman has appointed a woman minister for the first time.
Sheikha Aisha bint Khalfan bin Jameel al-Sayabiyah, aged 30, will be in charge of the National Authority for Industrial Craftsmanship. She is the first woman to have been appointed as a minister in any of the other five Gulf Co-operation Council states - Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
Submitted on Thu, 03/06/2003 - 00:00
- A Statement from Homa's Family, in Light of New Details on Her Arrest
- WE MUST PRESSURE IRAN TO RELEASE CANADIAN ACADEMIC HOMA HOODFAR
- Turkish journalist stripped of parental rights over court coverage: lawyer
- URGENT NEWS: SEND YOUR SIGNATURES TO PRESIDENT AL-SISI BY WEDNESDAY THE 29TH OF MARCH
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan