Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
What you can do:
1. Support the protests
21 June was an international day of action in solidarity with the #noprotestlaw campaign. Find details of protests on the day and afterwards on the international campaign website and the FreeMahienour Facebook page. A march by activists in Cairo against the protest law was attacked and around a quarter of the participants were arrested. See our collection of posters for the new detainees here, follow the latest on charges from the international campaign website.
2. Let President al-Sisi know the world is watching
Email, telephone and fax the embassy of Egypt in your country. Click here for the full list.
3. Share and spread the world
- Use the #noprotestlaw hashtag on Twitter
- Follow @Egy_Solidarity and other accounts spreading news of the protests. Public list here
- Share from the FreeMahienour Facebook page publishing regularly in English and Arabic andEgypt Solidarity Initiative publishing in English. Liberté aux détenus en égypte (France).
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- KURDISH WOMAN LOSING SIGHT IN IRANIAN PRISON
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Sudan: Beyond Trousers
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Special Rapporteur on violence against women, mission statement for Sudan
- 'Our job is to shoot, slaughter and kill': Boko Haram's reign of terror in north east Nigeria