Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
What you can do:
1. Support the protests
21 June was an international day of action in solidarity with the #noprotestlaw campaign. Find details of protests on the day and afterwards on the international campaign website and the FreeMahienour Facebook page. A march by activists in Cairo against the protest law was attacked and around a quarter of the participants were arrested. See our collection of posters for the new detainees here, follow the latest on charges from the international campaign website.
2. Let President al-Sisi know the world is watching
Email, telephone and fax the embassy of Egypt in your country. Click here for the full list.
3. Share and spread the world
- Use the #noprotestlaw hashtag on Twitter
- Follow @Egy_Solidarity and other accounts spreading news of the protests. Public list here
- Share from the FreeMahienour Facebook page publishing regularly in English and Arabic andEgypt Solidarity Initiative publishing in English. Liberté aux détenus en égypte (France).
- Update: Bahrain – Trial date scheduled for human rights defender Ms Maryam Al-Khawaja
- Iran detains UK citizen over ban on women watching sports alongside men
- SUDAN CHRISTIAN WOMAN MERIAM IBRAHIM & FAMILY ARRIVE IN ITALY & MEET WITH POPE FRANCIS
- New President, Old Pattern of Sexual Violence in Egypt
- Child marriage remains common, despite legal ban
- KURDISH WOMAN LOSING SIGHT IN IRANIAN PRISON
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Sudan: Darfuri Activist in Detention for 6 months without charges!
- Reclaiming the Streets for Women’s Dignity: Effective Initiatives in the Struggle against Gender-Based Violence in between Egypt’s Two Revolutions
- The Politics of Mobilising for Gender Justice in Egypt from Mubarak to Morsi and Beyond
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Promises, Power, and Poverty: Corporate land deals and rural women in Africa
- Egypt: Combined sixth and seventh periodic reports to CEDAW