The Global Gender Gap Report 2013
Publication Author:World Economic Forum
The Global Gender Gap Index,1 introduced by the World Economic Forum in 2006, is a framework for capturing the magnitude and scope of gender-based disparities and tracking their progress. The Index benchmarks national gender gaps on economic, political, education and health criteria, and provides country rankings that allow for effective comparisons across regions and income groups, and over time. The rankings are designed to create greater awareness among a global audience of the challenges posed by gender gaps and the opportunities created by reducing them. The methodology and quantitative analysis behind the rankings are intended to serve as a basis for
designing effective measures for reducing gender gaps.
You can view the full report here, or in the downloadable pdf file.
- Rollback of Women's Rights: Not Just in Afghanistan
- France and Islamic feminism: intersectionality in the Republic
- Universities UK: Rescind endorsement of sex segregation at UK Universities
- Reflections on Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Unity around the demand for a quota within the women's movement in Egypt
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- Pakistan: URGENT-Shirkat Gah Appeals for Support in Relief Work
- Reclaiming and Redefining Rights: ICPD+20: Status of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Middle East and North Africa
- Discrimination Against Women in Bahraini Society and Legislation
- Substantive Equality and Reproductive Rights: A Briefing Paper on Aligning Development Goals with Human Rights Obligations
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination and Statelessness in the Middle East and North Africa
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?