Solutions to End Child Marriage: Summary of the Evidence
Publication Author:International Centre for Research on Women
A summary of the ICRW's review of 150 programs with a child marriage component, identifying five key strategies used to prevent or delay child marriages:
- Empower girls with information, skills, and support networks
- Educate and rally parents and community members
- Enhance girls' access to high-quality education
- Provide economic support and incentives to girls and their families
- Encourage supportive laws and policies
To view the full report click here, or downlaod the pdf.
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- United Kingdom: Take Action in Support of Gita Sahgal
- UNIFEM funds threatened as Dutch propose "gender mainstreaming" to replace Women's Programs in the UN or at the National Level
- Reclaiming and Redefining Rights: ICPD+20: Status of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Middle East and North Africa
- Discrimination Against Women in Bahraini Society and Legislation
- Substantive Equality and Reproductive Rights: A Briefing Paper on Aligning Development Goals with Human Rights Obligations
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination and Statelessness in the Middle East and North Africa
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?