WLUML often offers internships in its International Coordination Office in London. We invite up-and-coming women’s rights activists or those interested in gaining more insight into women’s rights work. Interns are a valued part of our passionate team of staff and volunteers, and will have the opportunity to take on a diverse mix of interesting responsibilities, along with the opportunity to attend women’s rights events and meetings. They will also be exposed to WLUML’s international network and the many activities that are being delivered by the organization internationally. Internship opportunities are in the areas of communications, advocacy, publications, and translation.
As our new intern you will:
- Gain an insight into women’s rights activism by interacting with a diverse range of activists and groups from the Global South;
- Gain professional experience with an highly regarded international institution that pursues women’s rights and gender advocacy through research, advocacy, training, and a range of programmes.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in a relevant field such as communications, international relations, gender studies, social sciences, journalism.
- Fluent English
- An understanding of the current issues affecting women’s rights and women living in Muslim context in particular
- Strong communicator with excellent writing, analytical and IT skills
- Experience with databases, content management systems, and/or audio/video/photo editing software is desirable
- Additional language skills (particularly French, Arabic, Farsi, and Bahasa Indonesia) are highly desirable
Our internships are unpaid positions; however incidental travel and lunch costs will be covered by WLUML. The position is full-time for three to six months, depending on negotiations with short-listed candidates. The internship will be based at the WLUML International Coordination Office in London, N19 5JT.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org