|CSW presentation-remembering-FINAL.pdf||2.79 MB|
This document, entitled "Remembering" was created by Women Living Under Muslim Laws and delivered as a powerpoint presentation during the 59th session of the CSW to review the 15th year of the Beijing Declaration and Platform of Action. Despite significant breakthroughs in the past 20 years, violence against women and girls justified in the name of religion, customs, traditions – in short, culture - remains unabated. Women continue to be persecuted and killed for making choices in life that are perceived to defy social norms. The presentation was created as a tribute to these women, to honour them and their sacrifices.
Please download the file attached here to view the pdf.
A Powerpoint version is available here.
- 'Islamic' Chair Cover Gets Iranian Activist In Trouble
- Iraq: Women Suffer Under ISIS: For Sunnis, Lives Curtailed; for Yezidis, New Accounts of Brutal Rapes
- The case of Saba Qaiser and the film-maker determined to put an end to 'honour' killings
- #February6th: The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (#FGM): Celebrating Victories
- Uganda bans maids from working in Saudi Arabia
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION EIGHT GIRLS FREE, ONE OTHER RISKS FLOGGING
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- Recommendations for action against gender-related killing of women and girls
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan